Set on the Sandgate Waterfront on a superb 2,226sq.m north facing corner block this property oozes history and character. Built in 1920 by John McCallum Snr, the father of the famous actor and producer of the same name, and named after his Cremorne Theatre in Stanley St Brisbane this grand home was the centre of social life for the who's who of Brisbane.
Cremorne was then owned by Douglas Carrick, builder of the Brisbane City Hall. Many garden parties were hosted on the extensive lawns decorated with specially commissioned statues during the 20's and 30's. Guests included the governor and premier of Queensland.
In 1937 the property was converted into six flats and remains the same today, with original external architectural features having been restored during the past decade by the current owners. Returning $78,000 per annum this property is an ideal investment for the future or for someone to return the interior layout to a single magnificent residence as it was in its glory days of the 1920's. This is a magnificent property and is one of those once in a life time opportunities.